Re: Re: When did we lose control?

2004-10-21 10:46:21
David Brodbeck wrote:

This is a really key point.

Most of the early implementors are going to be open-source software authors. Many of those people are on this list. Without the cooperation of these
innovators, things aren't going to get very far.  I think it's misguided of
Meng to dismiss these vital individuals in favor of a private group.

Microsoft is a follower in this area, not a leader; their email servers tend
to be a step or two behind the state of the art, and I doubt they have any
running SPF checking code yet.
Don't forget that Microsoft makes more than an MTA. They also own and operate MSN, webtv and Hotmail. To my knowledge, they will support inbound SenderID checking immenently on those services.

Don't confuse Microsoft's product line with their ability and propensity to influence the industry, they are not the same thing at all.

--
// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal Engineer -- http://www.omniti.com/~jesus/