RE: Regain control - *was* - When did we lose control?

2004-10-21 12:57:40
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of
jpinkerton
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 3:22 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Regain control - *was* - When did we lose
control?

Well -- it's nice to see that James has managed to overcome
his natural
shyness ;-)

It's perhaps a good time for us to start a move towards a slight
"formalisation" of the spf community.

I propose that we elect three co-chairs for the spf working
group and three
mail-list managers for new spf mail-lists which will see the
project move
forwards.

These are *not* to be the same people, so six people will be
involved.  I
chose three on each to ensure a decision at all times ;-)

I propose that the co-chairs should include at least one
person who has
extensive experience in commerce and internet politics.

Sounds like a good idea.  But I wonder if "extensive" is going to be
preventative of finding
candidates.

Terry Fielder
Manager Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Fax: (416) 441-9085

Once this initial step is taken, we can discuss the
possibilities of having
a technical management team to ensure the best is included
from the various
technical proposals,  and getting a small PR team together. That will
involve a further 6 people at a minimum.

I suggest we have a one week period for nominations for the
posts, and a two
week period for voting.  All nominations and voting will be
private during
these periods, but will become public when the count is done
and results
published. I am happy to administer this process, unless
someone has any
better suggestions.

I further suggest that there is a one week period to discuss
this proposal
before it is implemented (or not).

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com
ICQ 313355492

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in
Atlanta features SPF and Sender ID.
To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily
deactivate your subscription,