RE: SPF authenticates, it does not identify spam

2004-10-22 00:47:15
Hi,
Researchers from email service company CipherTrust write that "a
spam message is three times more likely to pass an SPF check than it
is to fail it.

But do not mention that your strange reference, CipherTrust, sells a
competing system and so is interested in bashing SPF. The complete
CipherTrust study is quite broken from the beginning and no one else
found the same figures.

After implementing SPF on our servers and turning it on to reject SPF fails
I saw a drop in spam of between 50-80%.

So far I have set my spam filter to ignore all mail that gets an SPF pass. I
have only had one item of junk hit my mailbox, and that was from Adobe
because I registered a product.

On that basis CipherTrust is talking garbage.

SPF does a fantastic job. Now all we have to do it stop people putting ~All
at the end of their records.

Regards Richard.