Re: Re: Get your act together.

2004-10-22 16:07:53

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Richard Bang wrote:

I take part is several groups based around the use and
production of RFC's and this must be the messiest and most
hostile I've seen.

You obviously have not been on namedroppers mail list ...
(some might even call it "namecallers" mail list; though droppers works
too as its well known for having had participants and chairs who drop some
other participants's email into trash and others who drop your entire name
and reputation and try to trash it out in the open :)

As far as SPF, it was much better before MARID, but now that group's
problems has now shifted entirely here, its a poison as I said here:

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200410/0679.html
What you're really seeing is what happens when group's chairs try to
push through proposals not supported by majority of participants. People
get angry that they are not being heard by the elite and their attitude
even for other topics also reflects that anger.

Things would go much smoother for all concerned if:

1. Inappropriate language was avoided
2. Facts were checked before insults or accusations were made
3. The subject of a thread was not taken over and converted into
   personal attacks.
4. Peoples opinions were respected, no matter how perverse you think
   they are.

Well, after reading above maybe indeed you have been at namedroppers :)

If you want to insult MS create a thread "100 reasons why MS should not
be invited to the party".
Done the thread....

But really - MS does not understand insults (unless its in court of law
and even then), they seem to be on different plane then everyone else...

If you think someone is unethical, then ask them first.
You're kidding, right?

Unless you people (not all of you) start behaving like adults SPF will die.

I heard reports that Microsoft spokesperson once say that if CallerID/
SenderID can  not be made a standard through MARID then they would prefer
that nothing comes out of that WG....

So what we're seeing (including your opinion expressed above) is exactly
they way they want it. Why? Because we are still playing their game
(which either way it goes is to their advantage). That is all wrong,
we should stop and move on as if Microsoft is not there (and don't talk
to them again until they can understand what was wrong with their
position in the first place).

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks