Re: Yet another poll: SenderID/PRA topics

2004-10-31 20:54:28
In <6406972(_dot_)1099250995(_at_)[192(_dot_)168(_dot_)0(_dot_)2]> Greg Connor
<gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org> writes:

Regardless of how you feel about SenderID, it's clear that it is
taking up a lot of bandwidth, time and energy of this list.  I would
like to know if people feel that the SenderID/PRA arguments should
continue, or be taken to another forum.

Well, before you can really answer this question, you need to answer
a few other questions:

Is SPF a part of SenderID?

Is SenderID a part of Unified SPF?

If SenderID is off-topic, is Unified SPF off-topic?

Meng is an author on all of these drafts and has worked to promote all
of them.  If SenderID is the heir of SPF, why wouldn't we discuss it
here?  Many people expressed confidence in Meng representing the SPF
community and Meng has brought up the subject of both SenderID and
Unified SPF here.

Is the reason for not liking the discussions about the PRA because it
exposes conflicts within the SPF community?

I really can't answer your poll without getting a sense of the SPF
community about these other issues.

-wayne