Re: web page on sender ID

2004-11-05 08:44:20
Koen Martens wrote:

I will have a page ready tomorrow (saturday), that acurately
describes the SPF community's position (without getting
inflamatory).

How will you do this ?  William hasn't yet posted an evaluation
of his questionnaire, therefore something like an "official SPF
community" does not exist.  All I see are some sheeps without
their shepherd, and spf-00 drafts with some known problems.

Technically the position of the SPF community appears to be
"old v=spf1 policies cannot be used with Sender-ID".  With a
minority saying "something like op=pra is okay for v=spf1 and
the same as spf2.0/mfrom,pra for otherwise identical policies"

For different mfrom != pra policies the best solution is most
probably "v=spf1" for mfrom and "spf2.0/pra" for PRA, that's
what Sender-ID already says (TTBOMK).

While "spf2.0/mfrom,pra" should be okay in a future SPF 2.0,
it's incompatible with existing "v=spf1" implementations, and
therefore users wanting both could publish identical policies
"spf2.0/mfrom,pra etc." and "v=spf1 op=pra etc.".

But nobody supports spf2.0 resp. op=pra at the moment.  Now I'm
really interested how you want to solve this Sender-ID puzzle.

                          Bye, Frank