Re: SPF web site

2004-11-09 07:27:57
On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 14:45 +0100, Koen Martens wrote:
i'm taking this to spf-discuss.

Ok.

I have just this to say: James believes he has a god-given right to
represent spf. Fine, I doubt that he is the right person for the cause.
In fact, he is doing more damage than good. The fact that most people
are ignoring him nowadays anyway (a fact he complains about a lot
lately), surely doesn't give me the impression he has a right to lead
this community.

*sigh*

So everyone has this on record:

James does not believe that he has a god-given right to represent SPF
_ALONE_.

There is no doubt in my mind, that alone I am the right person for such
a task.  I do not believe any one person is.  What is needed is a group.

My complaints about people ignoring were not specifically related to my
own requests on the private list we have been speaking on, but that in
general many seemed to be overlooking posts rushing forward too quickly.

I can only ask that the leading body is formed ASAP. I hereby officially
declare that if James is to be in this body, I am leaving SPF (as are a
number of other people who have told me privately, i can only hope these
people will make their opininion public, i'm not going to repeat what
has been said to me in confidence). This is not a threat, it's a fact.

How childish of you.  For all the fuss I have kicked up, you will note
that not once this entire time have I ever threatened everyone here by
leaving.  Did you notice this?  I think there is something of value
there.  Just because you can't work with someone, or do not agree with
their methods doesn't mean you have to go home.

Quite frankly if this is how you operate, perhaps it is indeed best that
you DO go home.  I thought you had already left given the wording on
your post earlier this weekend when you absolutely blew up.

Finally, to James, if you perceive people are giving you 'a lot of
shit', and you perceive that people are ignoring you, perhaps you should
ask yourself 'am i crazy, or is the world?'.

What I perceive is the following:

- You and John Pinkerton decide you are going to handle everything.
- You request that all content from spfTools site become yours.
- You request domain name ownership of SPF related domain names
  transferred to John Pinkerton.
- Repeated requests for involvement in the engineering and or
  development of a new open SPF site fall upon deaf ears.

Just why should I do all of this?  No body has been formed.  As I have
apologized off list, you are absolutely off your rocker if you think I'm
going to hand over all of this, and not be permitted access to further
its development!

Furthermore, you have accused myself and Shevek of working for
Microsoft.  This is very ignorant of you, and not a very nice thing to
say.  When you say such things of two developers who combined have
committed a very substantial portion of the development of SPF
libraries.  I do not care how difficult myself or Shevek have been
perceived to be, neither one of us work for Microsoft.

I am not signing the statement on openspf.org, not because it doesn't
basically reflect my thoughts, but because James ie behind it and i
don't trust him anymore.

I have given you NO reason not to trust me.  OpenSPF.org is my domain
name, as is spfTools.net.  I have committed substantial time and effort
to the end of this project and I'll not have some childish reaction to
forward movement be construed as misrepresentation.

I have the very best interest of SPF at heart, and I am happy and
willing to work with anyone to that end.  If you can't handle not being
in control, thats not my problem.  My issue with control purely stems
from a refusal on yours and John Pinkerton's part to allow me to
participate in these things.  This is _NOT_ your position.

You may hate me, you may love me, you may not care, but I am not the
enemy here.  I might say inappropriate things, be rude, incorrigible,
and inflammatory, but that does not make me the enemy.  I have not lied
or misrepresented my goals or actions, and I am dumbfounded by your
accusations and your inability to see my position.

Sincerely,

James

--
James Couzens,