Re: Fw: Re: List of nominations for people to sit on the "SPF Leadership Council"

2004-11-14 08:10:55

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004, jpinkerton wrote:

William - please either accept unconditionally or decline your nomination.
At the moment I have you down as accepting unconditionally - but now I am
asking you to confirm that on this list.

I posted my email to you that clearly explains my position and it does
include word "unconditionally". And as others already saw I'm quite
willing to work in this council, I just expect it to finish the organization
charter as part of its work process and if council does not want to do it
and SPF organization continues without it, I'll not have interest to be on
that council.

And please stop trying to hijack a process to your own ends.  Those of the
SPF community who have been on IRC over the last day or two know very well
what I am doing, and I am grateful for their input.

There are those of us who don't participate in IRC and you seem to be
declining their input. So again the problem is that you're limiting
something to only a subset of the community.

I just don't have the time to get into a protracted discussion on the
list 10 hours before voting starts. Yes it'll be a webform with all the
scripts and all the opportunity for voters to double check their votes
and all stuff.  I am not going to sit here and write a lengthy post
about the details when I should be writing the scripts.  You either
trust me to do this reasonably well or you don't - which is it?

I trust you to do the process I just don't trust you to make rules about it
(and in fact I think you have good intentions with every one of those rules
it is just that they are rules that you made on your own when in fact those
should be done by consensus of the community).

Please understand - I have done this *many* times before, and you are not
going to say anything about the process that I'm not already aware of so
relax - I'll take my flaming if I'm wrong.

I'm happy to know you have experience with the process. As for flaming we
need to minimize possibility of that happening and make process open and
transpaerent - that is in your best interest!

Right now it's more important that the people show their wishes by voting.

Oh - and btw - you haven't seen my acceptance - have you?  No - because I am
not standing, and never had any intention of doing so, because I *know*
there is a conflict between standing and acting as returning officer.

That is great that you understand about this conflict, you should have
said from the start that you can not accept being nominated because
you're running the elections.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks