If I am elected

2004-11-15 03:38:45
Testing.. 1.. 2... does this mike work?? testing... ahum.. ah yes..

If I am elected I will try to get people in one line on the public
relations front again. My goal is to bring out an authorative site, that
gives info for the non-technical, average sysadmin and the technically
initiated, that provides tools to generate and test spf stuff and that
doesn't hit anyone against the head in the developers community. I will
also continue to do developing of patches if needed and if i can find
the time.

I am convinced of the fact that the spf community needs a more
structured way of working, where certain people concentrate on certain
efforts. Right now, everyone is doing everything at once which not only
lessens the quality of their contribution, it also frustrates others. I
hope we can motivate enough of the volunteers in the community to take
part in one or more workgroups that each concentrate on (and perhaps
coordinate) certain sub-tasks that are before us.

I am against too much bureaucracy, I believe in getting things done
instead of endless discussions about how to get things done. My
profesional background: I run a company with a handfull of employees
that is active in the embedded systems and intra/internet market (all
open source), kernel hacker, and involved with various more political
tinted activities such as the local green party and the movement against
software patents in the eu.

If I am not elected, no sweat. There are more than enough more
appropriate candidates on the list, and I will hapilly work with them.

Kind regards,

Koen Martens
Networking, embedded systems, unix expertise, artificial intelligence.