Re: Re: Please remove me as council candidate

2004-11-15 12:31:18
On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 18:02 +0100, Frank Ellermann wrote:

For the HELO part you may have missed my questions in
<418BBA25(_dot_)45CA(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> - no idea how to find
it without NNTP, with NNTP it's available as:

I'll track that down when I get home tonight.

For Wayne's processing limits I supported your remark...
| *UGH*  This is getting overly complex.
...in the same thread, because I'd prefer simple limits.

Good, glad to see I'm not alone on this position.

Mostly I'd like the draft to be useful for publishers
of sender policies, AND for implementors of check_host(),
AND for authors of auxiliary toools like wizards / test
suites / validators.  Often only an editorial difference
from Wayne's style, when he "hides" important stuff in a
single sentence without motivation / explanation, where
it could be "lost" (e.g. zone cut or HELO).

Whilst I can see Wayne's line of thought for most of the items on the
list, the vast majority seem to equate to feature creep.  The draft
which is available for download from libSPF.org
( http://libspf.org/files/spf-draft-200405.txt ) which is what libSPF
currently resembles as far as I can tell is only in need of some minor
changes, I really don't think much needs to be added.

I look forward to the end of this political stint so
that work can commence on ratifying the final classic
draft.

ACK.  Anything which was never mentioned in v=spf1 drafts
like scopes / positional modifiers / optional properties /
accredit= / etc. should go into seaparate documents when
it's compatible with existing v=spf1 tools and policies,
resp. into a future SPF when it cannot be ignored safely.

I so whole heartedly agree with you.  I'll try to step back and gather
up all the changes to date and work on some sort of archive of "data" to
be covered in the near future.  Perhaps others could do the same and
inform me of this effort.

Cheers,

James

--