Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-19 02:20:22
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 07:00:24PM +0100, jpinkerton wrote:

If you choose to use your friends e-mail service to send your mails and
spoof your own address - that's SPOOFING - and *exactly* what SPF tries to
eliminate - it's an e-mail pretending to come from somewhere it doesn't -
just like thousands of spam mails every minute.

Indeed it is.

You could persuade your friends to have spf records which would include your
own domain of course, and that would make it work perfectly.

That's backwards.  He'd need to include his friend's computer in his
own SPF record.

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If