Re: MAAWG Whitepaper released Nov 18

2004-11-19 04:33:51
"Meng Weng Wong"commented

On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 11:27:34PM -0500, Guy wrote:
| My XP system does not like the pdf.
|
| I got this:
| "Acrobat Reader 5.1 has encountered a problem and needs to close."
|
| I read pdf files often, no problems that I can recall.  Until now.

if you're viewing it from the acrobat plugin, try saving the
file to the desktop, then opening acrobat separately and
opening the file from the application directly.  this
happened to me too.

The Acrobat plug-ins uses HTTP Range: to get just those bits of a long PDF
document needed to display a page-at-a-time. You can get this symptom if the web
server hosting the document does not correctly implement the Range:  header.

Chris Haynes