Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-19 02:18:09
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 09:58:08PM -0800, Greg Connor wrote:

We should all be careful not to use terms that might be misinterpreted as
having a "negative" connotation.  Terms like unauthorized, fake, spoof,
forged imply that the intent was malicious and that the user is trying to
be intentionally misleading or trying to use resources that aren't his.

I disagree.  If I tell my user it cannot send from anywhere but here
(when sing my domain name of course), and if that user does not comply,
it _is_ unauthorized use of the domain name.

Alex
--
I ask you to respect any "Reply-To" and "Mail-Follow-Up" headers.  If
you reply to me off-list, you'd better tell me you're doing so.  If