RE: Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-18 17:44:30
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Frank
Ellermann
Sent: vrijdag 19 november 2004 1:00
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation
(EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

But I agree with you that a technical problem between my
box and anybody else should be reported to me and not to
Dave - if he sent the mail in question from my box... ;-)

Yes. And, furthermore, like in the case of SRS, your box and someone else
may communicate with one another, rewriting/reversing SRS addresses, in
a way blissfully oblivious to the "From:" enitity. That is to say, he may
find the used envelope-from in his headers, if he so goes searching for
it; but, as I expressed to the OP, your MTA and another, while talking to
each other, may well use something for envelope-from which is not "set by
the 2822.sender".

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---