Re: Unknown mechanisms in SPF

2004-11-20 02:19:53
wayne wrote:

While I understand why Meng wants unknown mechanism, and I
agree that extentions are very useful, I just don't see any
good reason for them.

They give erroneous results with existing implementations, and
that is EVIL like the Sender-ID weirdness.  It renders SPF to
a toy project of kindergarden anti-spammers tuning their rules
whenever they feel like it.

New mechanisms and all other incompatibilities belong into a
new version.

Everything that can be done with unknown mechanisms can be
done with unknown modifiers, and generally it can be done
better.

Depends, the 1 in v=spf1 should IMHO not be hardwired forever.

At the moment I don't see what "dk" means, "I use DK" would be
dubious (like "scsi" for "I use SCSI"), it's not relevant for a
receiver.  Any MUA should see domainkeys without SPF DNS hints.

More interesting is "I always use DK" (and otherwise you can
be sure that the mail is spam).  But that's simply op=dk, not
a new mechanism.
                 Bye, Frank