Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-19 07:24:15
In <200411188594(_dot_)503589(_at_)bbprime> Dave Crocker
<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> writes:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:23:10 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
  I get the feeling you think false positives are possible with SPF.

As has happened to me several times over the last few weeks, I
needed to use machines and networks that were not in my regular
set. This meant using MTAs that were not in my regular set.  Some
were public kiosks and some were friend's pc's, where I set the
rfc2822.From field to be my address.

Dave:

When you respond to the claim that false positives are not possible
with SPF with "As has happened to me several times over the last few
weeks", are you saying that you have actually had emails rejected due
to SPF "false positives"?  Or, is this a completely hypothetical
scenerio?

If this really has happened to you, which domain were you trying to
use?

-wayne