RE: Initial Voting Procedures (updated 23:15pm Nov14 2004)

2004-11-16 09:53:45
jpinkerton [johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com] wrote:
I will not be able to summarise the results by everyone's identities
because there are quite a few who have not registered a "pretty name"
on the list. This means I only have their e-mail address and I can't
use those in public.

It's up to you people who *do* have a "pretty name" - do you mind being
named when others are not?

No, I don't mind.

And how does someone who does not have a "pretty name" check their vote
on the summary?  The only way I can see around this is that they'll
have had the confirmation e-mail of their vote and can query me
personally, and I'll manually check the list.

That's simple:

  io:~> echo -n bulk(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net | md5sum
  42950315efc3f23cdebe9072ea613739  -

Turn the e-mail addresses (without a trailing newline!) into MD5 digests.
So everybody can look up the vote of any e-mail address he knows,
including his own, without the e-mail addresses having to be published.