RE: Initial Voting Procedures (updated 23:15pm Nov14 2004)

2004-11-16 16:04:22
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Julian Mehnle wrote:

That's simple:

  io:~> echo -n bulk(_at_)mehnle(_dot_)net | md5sum
  42950315efc3f23cdebe9072ea613739  -

Turn the e-mail addresses (without a trailing newline!) into MD5 digests.
So everybody can look up the vote of any e-mail address he knows,
including his own, without the e-mail addresses having to be published.

That's a great idea.  jp, if you go with this, perhaps sending the voter his
own md5sum in the reply message would be helpful.

I guess going by md5sum we wouldn't know if someone(s) voted who weren't
supposed to, but I'm OK with trusting that to jp.

--
Greg Connor
gconnor(_at_)nekodojo(_dot_)org

Everyone says that having power is a great responsibility.  This is a lot
of bunk.  Responsibility is when someone can blame you if something goes
wrong.  When you have power you are surrounded by people whose job it is
to take the blame for your mistakes.  If they're smart, that is.
                -- Cerebus, "On Governing"