Re: #spf IRC channel

2004-12-06 23:54:11

----- Original Message -----
From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] #spf IRC channel

In <00bf01c4dbd6$dcdcf910$3d4b573e(_at_)idimo2> "jpinkerton"
<johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com>

From: "wayne" <wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net>

I have been told that irc.pobox.com had a hardware failure last night,
and the pobox folks are working on it.

Last I heard, it is a disk control problem and will be fixed "tomorrow
morning".

again, the other systems are: london.irc.perl.org grou.ch
irc.darkuncle.net

Could it be arranged for the spf irc channel to be repeated to this list
in
a similar way to the council one?  Some of us aren't on there much/at
all
and it would be nice to catch up on threads that may have an impact on
our
thoughts ;-)

Well, I was thinking about that when I was setting up the #spf-council
logs.  However, the signal to noise ratio is much lower on #spf.  IRC
is,  after all, the "Internet Relay Chat" and there tends to be a fair
amount of chitchat and joking around.

If people really want it, I can easily do it, but I'm concerned about
lowering the already low S/N ratio on SPF-discuss.

Fair comment  - it's hard enough to keep up with the list anyway, I suppose.
Maybe post it as a webpage?

Slainte,

JohnP.
johnp(_at_)idimo(_dot_)com