Re: The Role of the SPF council

2004-12-08 23:42:32

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Greg Connor wrote:

I have recently been studying the difference between Management and
Leadership.

The Council should certainly have leadership role but it being a head
of SPF Community can not go at it along. It can bring up its ideas for
future of SPF to SPF but moving forwarding should require agreement
by majority of the group especially at larger decisions and then the
council can lead towards those agreed upon goals.

But I certainly do not want to see council ignore the view expressed by
majority of the spf community when driving towards some goal - that is
the reason why we started process of created council in the first place -
so that one or two people could not just ignore us and do something even
if they think its usefull and achieves the goals.

So to answer your long email by Greg on what council should do - it should
be neither 100% manangement nor 100% leadership but combination which can
happen given that council consists of several people with some being more
on leadership and others more on management positions, hopefully they will
find a way to cooperate and work together and then council will have
effective role supported by the SPF Community.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks