Re: SPF HELO checking

2004-12-13 11:20:27
Hi !!

Considering the deployment of SpamAssassin 3.0 and the number of null
MAIL FROMs, I would guess that ration is far too high.  It wouldn't
surprise me if the number was under 100 SPF MAIL FROM checks to 1 SPF
HELO check.

to be honest we rarely see any spam or viruses using a null envelope
sender, what we really see is a great amount of bounces caused by
spam and viruses NOT using the null envelope sender

This HELO testing for null mail from is in my view early experimental
design for future Unified SPF with goal to have be able to see at leat
one authenticated session identity.

what will spf check when the helo is an ip literal ??

--
Best regards ...

It's a fine line between fishing & standing still

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david(_at_)ols(_dot_)es
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53