Re: Re: Open council and project issues

2004-12-19 19:41:37
I see your point, and there is no wrong to it.  But I have a different angle
to it.

What's better?

    "SPF Council to PUBLISH SPECS any day soon!"

    "SPF Council publishes official SPECS - Time to get to work now!"

I prefer getting a draft published, then make the news with TRUE statements
and URL links pointing to the drafts. I personally feel the "hot air" is bit
much these days in the area of Anti-Spam.  I don't even pay attention to
them any more.  But if a news was made about something that you wrap your
fingers around and begin to use "Today", then you will get a lot of
attention.

Takes my take.

Get the draft published ASAP and all the rest will follow.

-- Hector

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Hill" <spf-1028(_at_)mx(_dot_)rdns(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Open council and project issues

Frank Ellermann in <41C50FA4(_dot_)5F84(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>:

I WANT A NEW INTERNET-DRAFT FOR SPF THIS YEAR.

I'd prefer priority #1 to be a press announcement about the
council and it's immediate agenda. There's been a hiatus and the
Internet community needs to know that spf  is ready to start
pushing its way back into the limelight.

Priority #2 for me, #2 only because it requires more time to be
devoted than #1, is the internet draft. I'm not certain that the
ietf process will accommodate spf - the bizarre handling of their
working groups doesn't inspire confidence - but its imprimatur
could be beneficial and we should give it our best shot.

All the remaining council agenda items are peripheral, imo, and
can wait until after spf has regained its momentum.

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf