Re: draft of email security glossary for review

2004-12-27 16:22:40
Off hand with a quick glance, I have a problem with:

    CID         Caller-ID - a Microsoft proposal for verification of email
sender based.....

CID or callerid stands on its on, Microsoft does not own this terminology.
Lets end this confusion now. Lets not feed it.

Here is the Federal Standard 1073C definition for CallerID

caller ID: A network service feature that permits the recipient of an
incoming call to determine, even before answering, the number from which the
incoming call is being placed.

I believe the more appropiate term for Microsoft proposal is to use its
acryomn, MCEP "Microsot CallerID Email Policy."

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.
http://www.santronics.com