Re: draft of email security glossary for review

2004-12-30 04:05:37
william(at)elan.net wrote:

I tried to locate Sender-ID and Caller-Id as such and couldn't find them at first. It would be nice to have them linked to the SID and CID entries.

I commented on this before when Hector asked me to remove those all together.

Basicly there is a controversy over MS trying to steal those terms from either
their legitimate owners or how they are used right now. I'm not a proponent
of such actions and chose not to include terms but did include acronyms.

What is the intended target audience of the glossary? If it's anybody who wants to get informed, they are likely to lookup those terms.

Reading the archives, I think what was objected to was the direct association of caller-ID with Microsoft as caller-ID can also be used in different contexts, but your choice of words under CID (in email security this refers to a Microsoft proposal ...) takes care of that.

Best regards,

--
Rene Barbier