Re: Is anyone else getting DoS'd by relay attacks?

2005-01-09 18:00:00

----- Original Message ----- From: <administrator(_at_)yellowhead(_dot_)com>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Sunday, January 09, 2005 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Is anyone else getting DoS'd by relay attacks?

I just wish I could find a way to inform the offending servers that their
bounces are not appreciated.

For bigger mail hosting companies, it's slow if not hopeless. The process of adopting something like SPF will take years and suffer distractions (just as SPF has been distracted by the SenderID mistake and confused lots of potential users).

For smaller hosts, though, it's often extremely useful to write something on paper and get it to their paperwork pushers, with details on how to fix it (such as implementing SPF).