Re: SpamCop recommends SPF (and/or DomainKeys)

2005-01-26 17:07:37
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Julian Mehnle wrote:

We need to work on the public perception of SPF being unreliable or
error-prone.

I've seen two things referenced wrt SPF being "unreliable":

1) mistakes by SPF publisher, buggy SPF client software, and/or
   incorrect receiver forwarding configuration causes
   incorrect results.

2) publisher can specify results of NEUTRAL or SOFTFAIL.

I forgot:

3) User expected SPF-classic to verify 2822 From, but it doesn't.  We
   can blame senderID for that misconception.