Re: Handling of -all

2005-02-25 04:26:31
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 04:14:36AM +0100, Julian Mehnle wrote:

A recommendation, explicit or implicit, is no obligation, though. Your
MTA, your rules. But the intent, and so the implicit recommendation, of
FAIL can really only ever mean one thing: REJECT.

Agreed.  As I said, I _cannot_ see recommending NOT TO REJECT on FAIL
(which is what Alex suggested).

No, I do not.

I suggest to have a clear statement on websites, in the header
of drafts, in documentation etc. that it is discouraged to
reject during the period that SPF is not yet a standard.

I do not want to change the standard.  I've mentioned BCP already,
and I want to emphasize the C in BCP.

Alex