RE: Handling of -all

2005-02-24 17:19:49
At 11:43 PM 2/24/2005 +0000, you wrote:

On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 16:16 -0700, David MacQuigg wrote:
>In this scenario, the lazy domain, 'example.com', will start losing
>customers to aol.com.  Grandma may not understand the reject message,
>or even think to report it to her ISP, but her relatives will surely
>urge her to find another ISP.

Grandma will move to another ISP which either doesn't check, or doesn't
publish, SPF. Maybe they'll be doing DK or something else which doesn't
throw away as much valid mail, but it won't be SPF.

She will move to a domain recommended by one of her relatives, and that will be a domain that has no problems getting the world to accept its mail. I'm not sure if that domain will be using SPF or DK. Either way, the lazy ISP loses her business, and a reputable ISP gets it.

If I were a reputable ISP using SPF, I would deal promptly with any report that my mail was rejected. I would not put the burden on Grandma.

-- Dave

* David MacQuigg, PhD              * email:  dmq(_at_)gain(_dot_)com      *  *
* IC Design Engineer               * phone:  USA 520-721-4583  *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                  *  *  *
*                                  * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.             * Tucson, Arizona 85710        *