Re: Handling of -all

2005-02-24 14:42:41
At 09:59 PM 2/24/2005 +0100, Alex wrote:

We are talking about people with no knowledge about protocols, standards,
proposed standards, SPF, SMTP, DNS or whatever.  The only reaction they
are capable of is "you are blocking my email! Stop that!" and by "you"
they mean either SPF or pobox.

What people do you have in mind? I am thinking about people who operate public mail servers. If they don't understand a simple reject message ("Sorry, wrong number.), they shouldn't be operating a public mail server. If they can't fix the problem themselves, and they can't afford to pay someone to fix it, then they can't be serious about wanting to operate a public mail server. Private mail servers can go do what they want, but operating a public mail server should be a public trust. Anyone who abuses that trust does not deserve out sympathy.

-- Dave

* David MacQuigg, PhD              * email:  dmq at gain.com      *  *
* IC Design Engineer               * phone:  USA 520-721-4583  *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                  *  *  *
*                                  * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.             * Tucson, Arizona 85710        *