RE: Handling of -all

2005-02-25 09:47:46
I agree with the statement about "grandma" and think it should be
somewhat user friendly.

forger.biz [1.2.3.4] is not allowed to send mail with the domain
"forged.org" in the sender address.  Contact
postmaster(_at_)forged(_dot_)org(_dot_)

I do have a quick question, I just set up a SPF string on my DNS hosting
and when I test it I get the response
SPF lookup of sender user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
<mailto:user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com>  from
IP X.X.X.X:

SPF string used: v=spf1 ip4:X.X.X.X/28 ip4:X.X.X.X/28 mx ptr ~all.

Processing SPF string: v=spf1 ip4:X.X.X.X/28 ip4:X.X.X.X/28 mx ptr ~all.

Testing 'ip4:X.X.X.X/28' on IP=X.X.X.X, target domain X.X.X.X/28, CIDR
28, default=PASS. MATCH!
Testing 'ip4:X.X.X.X/28' on IP=X.X.X.X, target domain X.X.X.X/28, CIDR
28, default=PASS.
Testing 'mx' on IP=X.X.X.X, target domain mydomain.com, CIDR 32,
default=PASS.
Testing 'ptr' on IP=X.X.X.X, target domain mydomain.com, CIDR 32,
default=PASS.
Testing 'all' on IP=X.X.X.X, target domain mydomain.com, CIDR 32,
default=SOFTFAIL.

what would cause a softfail on the ~all"?  I am within range of my ip
addresses specified.  Thanks in advance