RE: the state of the web site updates and some discussion

2005-02-28 14:43:52
John Pinkerton wrote:
Koen Martens wrote:
John Pinkerton wrote:
Yea - well - while you're all discussing the flavour of vanilla
you'd like, in the meantime take the spf.pobox.com website *down*
to prevent spreading
*more* alarm and confusion....

You can't do that, it is in the url of every implementations default
explanation string!

Sure we can - Meng just has to point that url at the *proper* website..

Yeah, and every installation of the implementation on the planet will
magically change to point to the new URL.

By the way, what is the current "proper website"?

Please excuse my sarcasm, but things aren't that easy.  Until we have a
new official site (which might very well run on http://spf.pobox.com, we
don't know yet), we can't just take the current official site offline, no
matter how outdated it is.