Re: AOL checking Sender-ID?

2005-03-01 09:04:47
On 3/1/05 8:39 AM, "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart(_at_)bmsi(_dot_)com> wrote:

My users have been getting a raft of mail rejected by AOL, with the reject
referencing the following URL:

http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rlyfa.html

The From address *is* properly formatted.  However, the rejected messages
are forwards of jokes and such where the From would not pass a sender-ID
check that (stupidly and incorrectly) uses their SPFv1 record.  They also
reject email that has no From at all.  I'll do some more experiments.

I will send you a note offlist on this. It is not senderID checking.

--
Carl Hutzler
Director, AntiSpam Operations