RE: AOL checking Sender-ID?

2005-03-01 08:04:28
Well, whatever they're doing, it isn't Sender-ID.  Here is a
counterexample:
[...]
Both bmsi.com and editorialunilit.com are SPF enabled.  I think
it is just a spam filter.

Thanks for the clarification.

My users inform me that they never forwarded the messages that bounced.
I think we have a typical Windoze problem, and AOL somehow recognized
the spam.

This error code, RLY:FA, is not related to SPF in any way.  The webpage the
error message sent you to was right on the money...."All or part of the from
address contained in your message is missing or improperly formatted".  As
your tests showed, if you telnet and leave out the From string in the
header..... same error.  I imagine in this case the From was not missing,
but more likely, poorly formatted... just a guess though.

FYI,
-Brian.

Brian Barrios
703.265.7456 / IM: BrianAntiSpam
Antispam/Postmaster Group - America Online, Inc.