Re: Re: MS press release hypes SenderID

2005-03-04 06:23:27
At 01:42 PM 3/4/2005 +0100, you wrote:

As far as I'm concerned Sender-ID PRA can be one protocol in a
"sender policy framework" identified by spf2.0/pra, and if the
SPF Council authorizes this spf2.0/mfrom could be just another
protocol in the same spf2.0 framework.  The latter could be
even backwards compatible with v=spf1.  And a hypothetical
spf2.0/helo might be also backwards compatible with v=spf1.

My guess is that Microsoft has already figured this out, and the different record formats will all be included in the framework, only it will be called "Sender ID Framework", not "Sender Policy Framework". It doesn't make sense for them to push petty arguments over different formats any further.

The question now for me is whether to spend any more time in the other thread talking about a universal protocol that would allow the different "frameworks" to work together. Is SenderID such a mess that it will be difficult for everyone to adapt, or will it become the defacto standard?

-- Dave

* David MacQuigg, PhD              * email:  dmq'at'gci-net.com   *  *
* IC Design Engineer               * phone:  USA 520-721-4583  *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                  *  *  *
*                                  * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.             * Tucson, Arizona 85710        *