Re: Re: MS press release hypes SenderID

2005-03-04 09:22:41
John,

You and others who are listening, but haven't posted, share my frustration with the current situation. Would you join me in putting together a proposed standard? I'm thinking of something that will allow all methods to participate in an SMTP transfer, including DomainKeys. I haven't added much detail yet, and one of the goals will be to avoid controversial details, but I do have at least a draft of the fundamental requirements. See http://www.ece.arizona.edu/~edatools/etc/Email%20Forwarding%20Protocol.htm

Alex and other "SPF or die" advocates, your criticism is welcome, but try to be constructive. If it turns into a flamefest, we'll move to another forum.

We may not get very far with this, but having a universal standard ready and waiting will at least keep Microsoft honest.

-- Dave