Re: Re: DNS load research

2005-03-23 13:20:38
Scott Kitterman wrote:
:) Oh, it will survive and get stronger. but in the meanwhile I think it
will experience 'the plague'. I don't wish to imply that SPF is a
plague, far from it, it's very useful, but it does have some serious
problem that most people are happy to overlook, in the hopes that when
we have to deal with them. Hope is not a method! ;)

Or perhaps not overlook, but came to a different conclusion than you.  DNS
load, DDoS, and security have been regular topics of discussion for the year
I've been on this list.  I think it's something we need to watch, but not
the potential disaster that you forsee.

I'm sure the problem is my twisted sense of logic ;)

Why don't you Scott, explain to us the worst possible scenario that _you_ can imagine for a virus that wants to do the most damage to the Internet by using SPF.

I said "damage to the Internet" on purpose, because the DNS is the mission-critical Internet protocol without which the 'Net' would just be a bunch of computers tied together with a wire. But perhaps I'm wrong about this too.

Thanks.