Re: Re: DNS load research

2005-03-24 08:37:18

Scott Kitterman wrote:
One virus infected (say it is in Russia) machine connects to ohmi.org.
It sends the the following 60-byte packet to port 25 at ohmi.org, and
goes on to the next target, without waiting for a response, or closing
the connection.

The packet reads:

"ehlo u
mail from: <a(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com>
rcpt to: <radu(_at_)ohmi(_dot_)org>"

Lets go back to this premise and make sure it's correct.  I'm not sure it
is...

I went back and looked over RFC 2821 some more:

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2821.txt

Particularly the first half of chapter 3 and appendix D.