Re: SPF-compiling DNS Server

2005-03-24 14:32:55
Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, David MacQuigg wrote:

If DNS servers would include a record compilation function, then it would

I would be hesitant to patch my DNS server.  For most of us small fry,
a command line SPF compiler that outputs bind format records would
be more than adequate.  I would run such a tool via cron in a script
that feeds to result to nsupdate.

You're not alone. I think I would too.

I would install a newer version that has been tested by others for a few months.

I think there are many ways for a patched source tree to not compile properly, and most people don't want to play with the server software they depend on, be it DNS, MAIL, HTTP, or whatever.

Linux hobbyists are much more happy to try things, I think, but production environments will not be patched as readily.

Radu.