Re: Off Topic - English Syntax

2005-03-24 14:32:31

> The antecedent of "which avoids" has to be singular.

It is "the switch" which is singular. You then give two possible objects of the
switch. I parsed the sentence as:

 "The switch ..  avoids .."

Oh, I see it now.  I must have had the blinders on.

I need to review that 10th grade English class I slept through. :>)

-- Dave

* David MacQuigg, PhD          * email: dmquigg-spf(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com     *
*
* IC Design Engineer           * phone:  USA 520-721-4583      *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                  *  *  *
*                                  * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.             * Tucson, Arizona 85710        *