Re: SPF-compiling DNS Server

2005-03-24 17:36:17
At 04:32 PM 3/24/2005 -0500, Radu wrote:

Stuart D. Gathman wrote:
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, David MacQuigg wrote:

If DNS servers would include a record compilation function, then it would

I would be hesitant to patch my DNS server.  For most of us small fry,
a command line SPF compiler that outputs bind format records would
be more than adequate.  I would run such a tool via cron in a script
that feeds to result to nsupdate.

You're not alone. I think I would too.

The quote above is not mine. Just to make it clear, I agree with both Stuart and Radu. The SPF- compilation functions are best implemented in a module separate from the production server, at least for the initial rollout.

-- Dave

* David MacQuigg, PhD          * email: dmquigg-spf(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com     *
*
* IC Design Engineer           * phone:  USA 520-721-4583      *  *  *
* Analog Design Methodologies                                  *  *  *
*                                  * 9320 East Mikelyn Lane     * * *
* VRS Consulting, P.C.             * Tucson, Arizona 85710        *