Re: Re: DNS load research

2005-03-24 15:08:30
At about  Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:01:16 -0500 (21:01 UTC)
Radu Hociung <radu(_at_)ohmi(_dot_)org> wrote:

The packet I used is (smaller than 60). Since your ISP fixed their SPF
record, it generates much less DNS traffic:
ehlo u
mail from: <b(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
rcpt to: <radu(_at_)ohmi(_dot_)org>

I would strongly suspect that most professionally-managed MTAs
would kill that connection.  Not waiting for the server response
is rather strong spam sign. A hobbyist system might want to
accept that kind of connection.  ymmv.  With recent versions of
sendmail refer to documentation on Local_greet_pause and
FEATURE(`greet_pause')

Len