Re: DNS Query Format

2005-03-27 18:08:43
David MacQuigg wrote:

[radically snipping all, Radu burnt my SPF energy for today]

If you want new queries based on FQDN + IP please read the SIQ
draft, and maybe start a server translating SIQ queries into
traditional SPF evaluations (warning, the server gets the load).

It's the same idea as collecting MTAMARK details into a Dyn-IP
RBL, so that MTAs can continue to use RBLs, while IP-owners can
start to publish MTAMARKs.

The concept of a gateway.  Of course you can add many bells and
whistles, e.g. a closed-user-group for the SIQ server based on
SPF.  The funny part, the SIQ idea could even support PRA-style
queries.  And SURBL.  And RFCI.  And repudiation.  As long as
it's (FQDN + IP) => result it cando.  I'm stunned that nobody
loves it immediately.  And why they don't use SPF for a demo.

                           Bye, Frank