Re: Open letter to the SPF Council

2005-04-28 19:23:05
Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:13:25PM -0500, wayne wrote:

Well, I guess I should probably do things out of my planned order...

First off, I would like to apologize for my absence on spf-discuss.  I
have not been totally absent from the SPF community, but most of what
I've done has either been on the #spf IRC channel, or behind the
scenes.  For example, I've switched ISPs because the SPF-related
trusted-forwarder DNS whitelist was causing me to go over quota on my
old ISP.  This caused a cascade of things that needed to be fixed, but
much of my time has been spent on family related matters, a project
that paid money, and a few non-SPF related projects.

Well, let's assume you missed a message or two about new
SPF adopters getting confused about the text presented to
them from the wizard:

"When you've put these records into your DNS, register at the SPF registry."

where "register at the SPF registry" points to a dead link.

Perhaps you could put spf.pobox.com on the top of the list of things to fix.

I know this has only been going on for a couple of months and I also
understand that new SPF adopters cannot be considered important, but
please do it anyway as I am afraid I'm becoming a bit sarcastic.

Likewise... I don't think another 6 months are needed to realize that
this "council" game isn't working.

Let's wrap it up.

All in favour, raise your hand.

Radu.