Re: Re: -01pre4

2005-04-29 06:26:58
In <427140CA(_dot_)5EF6(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> Frank Ellermann
<nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de> writes:

First nit, Scott Hollenbeck said that all new drafts
that somehow make it to the IESG _must_ use the new
RfC 2234bis instead of 2234 in their references.

Thanks, I've updated the SPF I-D with the new RFC, but I still need to
go through and determine if I need to update any of the ABNF because
of it.

Second nit:  The new magic formula is ipr="full3978"
instead of full3667.  Don't laugh, they'll check this
soon, IIRC starting May 6.

Argh!
"nit"???

Because my version of xml2rfc was several months old, I had to update
it to 1.29 in order to get the "full3978" support.  Version 1.29,
however, screws up a bunch of formatting.  After a couple of hours of
digging through the source code, re-reading the fine xml2rfc
manual/rfc, I finally found that there is a mailing list for xml2rfc.
Turns out that other people are running into the same kinds of
formatting problems and that *YOU KNEW ABOUT IT*!

grumble, grumble, grumble.

Ok, this "nit" has cost me over 4 hours of work and I'm still not
quite finished with fixing the formatting problems.  I guess that's
why I get paid the big bucks for my SPF work....  I'm going to have to
demand that the spf council double what they are paying me.

Third nit:  The "zone cut" is out, so you don't need
[RfC 2181] anymore in the references.

Thanks for catching that.

Please let me know what other things you find.

-wayne