Re: Open letter to the SPF Council

2005-05-01 03:12:15
On Fri, Apr 29, 2005 at 09:02:42AM -0500, wayne wrote:

No, I haven't missed those messages.  I've seen them, but I'm trying
to stay out of the website stuff.  My plate is full enough as is and
the website is an independant project that can be worked on by anyone
who is willing to step forward and actually do all the work.

So, who _is_ doing the website?

IIRC this was discussed before, several people voluntered.  I just
can't be bothered right now to dig in the archives.

Whoever it is going to be: I think you should write a note to
the council and have spf.pobox.com directed to you.  After this,
please remove dead links:
 - on spf.pobox.com/dns.html   fix the query
 - on spf.pobox.com/dns.html   remove "try them out"
 - on spf.pobox.com/wizard.html?mydomain=...   remove "register at..."

and probably more (although I didn't receive user complaints about
them _yet_).

We are now in a position where we have to tell the public, "sorry, we
know about these problems yet we are unable to get the spf.pobox.com
site fixed."

This does not look like SPF is actively being maintained, it looks
unprofessional and it looks like spf is dead.

Something I didn't even dare to ask to be changed on the site:

As a result of a ticket at the spf helpdesk:

In the wizard, include a link "if you run simple dns plus" that
points to http://www.simpledns.com/tutor/spf.asp
(or maybe it is time to have a separate page "how to publish")

I am going to close this helpdesk ticket may 3rd 12:00 UTC and I hope
I can answer "your request is being evaluated by the spf council" in
stead of "your request is being ignored by the council".  Even better
would be to be able to answer "it was decided that..." and/or "see ..."

Alex