Re: For SPF council review: Syntax error = Perm error = Message should be rejected?

2005-05-03 12:53:59
In <4277752B(_dot_)4040905(_at_)Sun(_dot_)Com> Marc Chametzky
<Marc(_dot_)Chametzky(_at_)Sun(_dot_)COM> writes:

1) Treat PermError as "None"

When we're processing the macros in the result of an exp= modifier,
it's not entirely clear wfrom the draft whether macro expansion
failure constitutes a PermError. It would probably make more sense
that in the case of the exp= modifier, a syntax error from the macro
expansion of the secondary TXT record lookup simply results in "None"
because it doesn't change the outcome of the SPF record itself.

Thanks, I've added text to make it clear that syntax errors in the
explanation string will be the same as if no exp= modifier was given.

-wayne