Re: For SPF council review: Syntax error = Perm error = Message should be rejected?

2005-05-05 19:34:37
In <NGBBLEIJOEEEBMEIAPBKAEECIAAA(_dot_)scott(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> Scott
Kitterman <spf2(_at_)kitterman(_dot_)com> writes:

I feel pretty strongly that rejecting messages from a domain with a
malformed SPF record is a really bad idea.  People new to SPF make all kinds
of mistakes.  If after the first mistake, they start getting messages
rejected, they'll just give up and go home.

[snip]

For what it is worth, this issue was *not* brought before the council
meeting yesterday for two reasons.  First, I'm not sure that it has
been discussed/evaluated enough, for at least me, to make an informed
decision.  Secondly, Meng had to leave the meeting before we got
to this item and I think it is important to have his input on this
subject.

The current plan is to try to rule on this, and any other draft spec
issues that people want ruled on, in the next meeting.  I *think* that
next meeting is scheduled for next Wednesday.

-wayne