Re: NXDOMAIN

2005-05-08 06:20:09
Mark wrote in spf-council:

| The sender's system specified in the address does not exist
| or is incapable of accepting return mail.

That would be our case where neither A nor MX record exists
for a domain

Without checking it, that 553 5.1.8 makes sense.  Something
completely different, you said that you will investigate the
"RfC editor note" problem.  Apparently the SPF Council forgot
to hear your report in its last session, so I hope that it's
on the agenda for the next session.

After William explained how it's supposed to work this issue
could be rather simple, just ask Meg and/or Ted.  Of course I
could also do it, but in the case of Ted it's much better if
an elected SPF Council (1) member checks this.

Besides I already had some discussions after the demise of
MARID (2), and it's good if they know that it's not only one
lunatic watching every step they take, but more like hundreds.
Shuffling those deck chairs.
                            Bye, Frank

1: http://purl.net/xyzzy/home/test/spf-council.htm
2: http://purl.net/xyzzy/home/test/MARID.appeal.txt