RE: Re: NXDOMAIN

2005-05-10 17:53:27

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Frank
Ellermann
Sent: zondag 8 mei 2005 15:24
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: [spf-discuss] Re: NXDOMAIN

... Something
completely different, you said that you will investigate the
"RfC editor note" problem. Apparently the SPF Council forgot
to hear your report in its last session, so I hope that it's
on the agenda for the next session.

Hello Frank,

I brought up the matter at the Council meeting before the last one (in
absentia of Meng):

[00:46] <MarkK> Wayne, I think we need to get some clarification on why
the RFC editor has seemingly taken a liberty to change keywords, whereas
this seems inappropriate
[00:46] <MarkK> see:
http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200504/0089.html
[00:46] <grumpy> to the best of my knowledge, the RFC editor has *not*
changed that keyword.
[00:47] <grumpy> that is a note in the IESG stuff.
[00:47] <MarkK> and:
http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200504/0095.html
[00:47] <MarkK> So, is this something we can safely ignore? (as in, not
having it stand in the way of adoption)
[00:47] <grumpy> In the spf-classic-01 draft, I intend to clarify things
as to *why* it is NOT RECOMMENDED to check the SPF records against other
identities
[00:48] <Julian> As far as _my_ understanding goes, someone just
_requested_ the keyword change.
[00:48] <grumpy> Julian: yeah

Since Ted Hardie is the IESG contact person, I have written him, in my
capacity of member of the SPF Council, to seek clarification on the
matter. I have just heard back from him -- though did not receive an
answer as to who added this note.

Since Meng was absent at the aforementioned meeting, tomorrow, at the next
meeting, I will surely ask him whether he was the one having added this
note. So, tomorrow (or the day after; I believe the final next meeting
date is still not 100% fixed), I will at least be able to tell you whether
it was Meng.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---