RE: For SPF council review: Syntax error = Perm error = Message should be rejected?

2005-05-08 20:07:49
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Julian
Mehnle
Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 8:02 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] For SPF council review: Syntax error = Perm
error = Message should be rejected?

Scott Kitterman wrote:
"Oh, you're new to SPF and you aren't sure you entirely understand it?
Well make sure your record has correct syntax and doesn't exceed any
processing limits before you publish because if you get it wrong, your
mail will get rejected."

I think that will be a hard sell on spf-help.

Not if there are tools to automate it.  That's what record validators are
for.

Well we need better tools then.  AFAIK, none of the existing validators check
for the existence of an SPF record for an include: mechanism.  None of them
check to see if processing limits are violated.

Can we have the source for the wizard so someone can get to work on that?

Scott Kitterman